Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Loo Forecast...

Extended Weather Forecast: Snow
Extended Loo Forecast: Grumpy

So, I do live in New England and, yes, I chose to live here. It really is a beautiful place - rolling green hills, lots of trees, access to the ocean, access to great architecture, access to river-side bike rides, access to history - just NOT in the winter...and winter has been here 100 days too long!

I would normally spend a snowy winter weekday curled up on the couch reading a book. No concern about the thousands of commuters crawling, digging and sliding their way to work. But, as you know, my life has recently changed and while I welcome the larger paycheck, I loathe the fact that tomorrow I will find myself along with those thousands of Boston commuters trudging my way through the freezing, wet, mushy snow to the steamy hot confines of the 'T' where I will weave my way under the streets of Boston and on to eight hours in the stiff and unwieldy chairs of the training room at my new job.

I dream of warmer days. I dream of the weekend. And most of all, I dream of life without the 'American' work week...a life with more focus on our lives rather than units of production. I dream of a crafty existence...

1 Comment:

An Angry Sea of Incomplete Donuts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment