Monday, February 15, 2010

Loo-ish Ways...

This is going to be a rather short post because I became aware today that I have not stopped moving since last Wednesday night...and even that was only a few hours of peace.

Thursday - work.
Thursday night - I made peanut butter cookies, dark chocolate brownies, boiled potatoes, prepared a salad, prepared for an interview (a whole other story), signed health insurance information for my job, watched Project Runway...whew.

Friday, after a long and grueling day working for the man, I met with my very good friend Morgan for a long session of, "catch up on each others lives." She moved to NYC a few years ago and we are those two gals that can sit on the phone with each other for hours at a time...there is never enough Morgan time. We spent the evening eating at Diva, a great Indian restaurant in Davis Square. If you go there, which I recommend that you do, order several different breads for the table - they do a fantastic job with them. My favorites include their classic garlic naan and the punjabi paratha (both vegetarian, though neither vegan).

Saturday morning, I found myself trying to relax. It started off calmy enough with a candid documentary on North Korea. However as I was ever-so-casually browsing Craigslist, I came upon a posting for a simple yet sturdy kitchen table for $30. I have been looking for a great craft table and this was it! So, without hesitation, we headed off to Kingston, MA - about a 45 minute drive from our place. The seller, a guy named Terry, was a very friendly smiley guy in a one-piece coverall...you couldn't help buy like him immediately! Turns out, he only wanted $20 for the table since we weren't taking the chairs.

But, I digress (and this post is suddenly growing curiously long)...we barely made it back to the house (and barely got the table inside) before we were back out again to Jamaica Plain to meet with Bllu, Eric's sister for her birthday dinner. She has a two year-old named Mairead, so meals out are always a stressful affair! After dinner we headed back to their place and chatted...then back home and straight into bed - I was exhausted!

Sunday morning, try as I might, I just couldn't sleep in very late! I made our grocery list and then we both tackled the apartment - scrubbing, disinfecting, wiping, sweeping, mopping, cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. Then...off to the store.

At this point, I saw Eric grabbing his camera and thought to myself, "gosh, that's strange...we're only going to Whole Foods and it is not that entertaining." Oh, Loo. He mentioned that there was a tower at the Fellsway he had been wanting to take a picture of for a long while but he never remembers. He is working on an online comic, The Parallels, so I thought he might need a reference picture because it was a cold and very, very windy day...not strolling or hiking weather!
We get to the park and there are no directions to the tower, so, using perfectly good logic, we just start heading up. To my delight, there were dogs all around - what a wonderful sight! We climbed up but could still not make out where we should head for the tower...we had stepped out onto this huge rock formation on the side of the hill overlooking the dog field below and I was scanning the sky for a tower-like protrusion from the trees. I glance back toward Eric only to find him missing! I looked down and to my never-ending delight, found him down on the knee with the most sincere look of love upon his face. My heart stopped - because I had imagined this moment so many times before - and a huge smile began to spread across my face. I will never recall the specific words he said to me because all I really heard was, "I choose you," and the silly babble coming out of my mouth was a jumbled and repetitive and resounding, 'yes!'

It doesn't change anything about our relationship...but it lets me know - in that deep sort of way - that someone has found me so special that they are willing to spend the rest of their life with my silly loo-ish ways.

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

I think he's smart to have fallen in love with your loo-ish ways!
Diane

Post a Comment